Monday, December 19, 2011

The Prettiest Sight To See

"...It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
Toys in every store, 
But the prettiest sight to see
Is the holly that will be, 
on your own front door."
--Meredith Wilson


I LOVE to be home during Christmas.  And Christmas officially started for me on Friday--my last day of work for 2 plus weeks!  Yay!  There are so many fun things to do at home this time of year.  The advent calendar has really been bossin' us around, but we don't care!  


Friday was low key because little Miss was sick, but we had a nice fire and read some books.  She's really loving Snowmen at Night, thanks to my swell friend, Tia, who pointed out that there is a hidden Santa face on every page.  Fun!  On Saturday, the calendar told us this:


Fine with us!!  Jack went free-form, Caroline cut out hearts (why not?), and I used a pattern book and made snowflakes with bells, kitty cats and ballerinas.  See:




And I'm leaving these up all winter and want to make more, more, more!  Cuttin' out snowflakes is fun, yo.  


The weather was beeautiful on Saturday, so we actually left the house and walked/rode/scootered up to the park.  We were the only ones there; I could not believe it.  Jack and I shot some baskets.  As I was teaching him how to shoot, I had to wonder if I was the best person to do this.  You should just see my form, it's not good.  But, Jack survived my "coaching" and we enjoyed it.  





Upon returning home, we worked on our Christmas cards.  I'm pretty sure everyone reading this blog is on my card list, so here's a little preview for you.  And by preview, I mean, 'Heads Up!'  Because it was a mass glittering this year, and the glitter is en route now, from my home to yours:



The advent calendar also said this, and so we did:





1 comment:

  1. I sure do love hearing about your holiday adventures, Cher! And a mention in your post, wow, I am quite honored! :O)

    I think your working with Jack on his b-ball shooting is awesome-"correct form" or not! :O) That's what moms are for, yo!
    PS Eat one of those purty sugar cookies for me!

    ReplyDelete