Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Innisfree, take me away!

"I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee
And live alone in the bee-loud glade..." 

This morning, I had to go to a training for work that was a big ol' waste of time and led by the most obnoxious,  in-your-face, bossy-boots gal.  Most people don't get under my skin, but this woman rubs me the wrong way every time.  And she uses a lot of finger "quotes."  Sigh...
But, it's over now, I'm really no worse for the wear, and like OM says, "It all pays the same." 


"...And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet’s wings..."

The only lingering effect is on my mood. I am still trying to work my way out of the residual funk.  This Yeats poem helps.  Imagining yesterday's rainy bike ride, where I didn't see another soul on the trail, helps.  Looking forward to hanging out with a bunch of crazy 8th grade girls at track practice helps.  Anticipating a nice, regular old evening at home with J and C definitely helps.  And writing about it helps! 

"...I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart’s core."
                                             --WB Yeats

2 comments:

  1. Really "like" the Yeats poem. Signing into the Google thing seems to make no difference--I get your blog anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the type the weird letters this time, so I see I need the G.profile to comment.--Your Luddite father

    ReplyDelete