Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Pedigree of Honey

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, anytime, to him
Is aristocracy.
--Emily Dickinson

Don't you just love this tiny poem?  I have had a clover sort of day and you know what, that's ok--great, actually!  Things don't have to be perfect for me to like them.  This poem isn't even perfect, since male bees (drones) don't gather nectar at all--their only job is to mate with the queen.  But who cares, 'cause this poem is GREAT! 

I had to make a website for work today, well had to if I was interested in getting $ for doing so, which I am.  And of course I put it off until about the last possible day, as it's been sort of something I was dreading:  boring.  (Blogging: fun, by the way.)  Sooo, I when I tried to actually use the school's site, I found out I couldn't because I hadn't taken the required class to have a page built for me.  Whoopsiedoodle!  But, it's ok, because then I found out I could use any old webpage building site.  My friend, EE, showed me which one to use and easy breezy, an hour or so later I was done!  Is it the BEST site ever?  Of course not.  But, you know what?  I like it, I'm sort of proud of myself for figuring it out, and it's good enough. 

So, cheers to that!  Cheers to plain old clover and random webpage sites.  Cheers to good enough sometimes being GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment