Incorrigibly plural. I peel and portion
A tangerine and spit the pips and feel
the drunkenness of things being various.
It's sort of nuts sometimes, but thank goodness for things being various; I like it that way! This morning I got to enjoy our 8th grade promotion ceremony and it was so various and so nice. Highlights:
- Looking at the faces in the audience while they listened to the kids performing--JUST like Amelie and how she likes looking back at the faces in the movie theatre. Watching people watching something good is lovely.
- Hearing this dear boy play piano and sing 'Let it Be' sweetly and with perfect pitch. Add in that our principal backed him on the drums--golden.
- Seeing the boys not wear long basketball shorts and admiring all of the girls' pretty dresses, lots of poufy skirts and flowery prints...omg, is it the 80s again? Probably not, 'cause I didn't see any metallic dresses, praise His light!
- Also enjoyed watching the girls walk very gingerly on their wobbly high heels--sort of like watching baby horses learning to walk--adoramable.
- Ukulele playing--please tell me this is going to catch on. Love it.
- Girls singing songs about Sisterhood and loving yourself and the amazing song written, played and sung by a girl who will be the next Sheryl Crow. Wow.
- Ending the ceremony with a dirge by Alice in Chains, performed by 3 boys who live for music like that.