Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June!

To quote from one of my favorite poets, James Whitcomb Riley, regarding June,
"O Queenly month of indolent repose!"
How ready I am for some seriously indolent repose. I think I have it worse than the school-children with my senioritis here.  Two and a half more weeks of school and then it's summah summah summahtime.  Cain't wait.  I have never not been on a school-year schedule. I went from high school to college to grad school to school job.  It works splendidly for me, too, I must admit.  And I'm sorry and not trying to rub it in at all for those of you who work year-round; my condolences.  Ahhh, June.

Today already feels much better than yesterday.  The kids and I had a nice night at home.  We hit the Farmers Market between rainstorms, I shopped and they played.  We got The Bread and some Japanese turnips.  Dinner was roasted turnips, fingerlings and carrots, The Bread, and scrambled eggs, courtesy of The Girls.  The kids drank leftover Hawaiian Punch (from my work) in wine glasses for a super treat-y bev and I drank rose', which could easily become my new water.  I looove it.  It tastes of summer, too.
"I drink thy breath in sips of rare perfume." (June AND rose', that is.)

After a good night's sleep, I'm feeling much better.  More windshield-ish for sure. And my little list of ways to re-focus helped, as well. We all have those days.  So, I'll leave you with this, from JWR:

"Before thy listless feet: the lily blows
A bugle-call of fragrance o'er the glade;
And wheeling into ranks with plume and spear,
Thy harvest-armies gather on parade.
While, faint and far away, yet pure and clear,
A voice calls out of alien lands of shade--
All hail the Peerless Goddess of the Year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment